What is hydro jetting? How does it work? And why would you need it for your plumbing system? These are all valid questions that we will answer in this blog post.
Hydro jetting is a powerful cleaning technique that can be used to clear clogs and debris from your plumbing system. It is a popular choice for businesses, multifamily property owners, and homeowners alike because it is an efficient, affordable, and safe way to clean pipes – compared to traditional methods like using a drain snake or chemical drain cleaners.
The hydro jetter is a machine that uses high-pressure water to clear clogs and debris from your pipes. It works by sending a stream of water through the pipe at a high velocity, which breaks up the clog and washes it away, freeing up the pipe and restoring water flow.
Hydro jetting is a great choice for cleaning pipes that are clogged with grease, fat, or other stubborn debris. It can also be used to remove tree roots from pipes, which can be a common problem in older homes. Hydro jetting is an efficient way to clear clogs and restore
Let’s take a closer look at how hydro jetting works and why you might need it!
What exactly is hydro jetting?
Hydrojet plumbing is a process that uses high-pressure water (up to 4,000 PSI) to clear clogs and debris from your pipes. The hydro jetting machine is connected to a hose that is inserted into the pipe. Water is then released at a high pressure, which clears the clog and washes away any debris.
Without hydrojet plumbing, you might have to rely on more expensive and invasive techniques, like snaking or chemical drain cleaners, to clear your pipes. Hydro jetting is a safe and efficient way to clean your pipes without causing any damage.
How does hydro jetting work?
The hydro jetting machine works by sending a high-pressure stream of water down the hose and into the pipe. This stream of water is powerful enough to blast clogs and debris further down the line, which helps to clear the pipe and restore water flow.
The hydro jetting process can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour, depending on the severity of the clog. Once the clog is cleared, you can expect your pipes to be free of any obstructions and your water flow will be restored.
Who is hydrojetting right for?
Typically, hydrojetting is used to clear clogs and debris from pipes. However, there are some cases where hydro jetting can be used for more than just clog removal.
- Multifamily property owners often use hydro jetting to clean the sewer lines on their property. Hydro jetting can also be used to clean grease traps and septic tanks in businesses and restaurants.
- Homeowners might also use hydro jetting to clean their drains and sewer lines. This is a great way to prevent clogs and keep your plumbing system running smoothly.
- Businesses, restaurants, and hotels might also consider hydro jetting as a preventive maintenance measure. By keeping your pipes clean, you can avoid costly clog-related repairs down the road.
How to know when to call a hydrojet plumber:
We’ve established what hydrojetting is, how it works, and who it is right for – but how do you know if you actually need it? Well, there are a few tell-tale signs you will notice throughout your home which may indicate that you need hydro jet plumbing.
- Slow drains. If you’ve tried everything to unclog your drains but your drains are slow to drain, or if they back up often, then you may need hydro jetting.
- Sewage overflow. Another sign that you might need hydro jetting is if you see water or sewage spilling out of your drains.
- Gurgling noises. If you hear gurgling noises coming from your drains, it could be a sign that there is a blockage somewhere in the pipeline.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, it is best to call a hydro jet plumber to assess the situation. They will be able to determine if hydro jetting is the best option for clearing your clogs and restoring your plumbing system to normal.
Benefits of hydrojet plumbing: it’s better with a ‘jetter!
Hydrojet plumbing comes with many benefits, including being:
- Accurate, reliable, and efficient. Hydro jetting is a reliable way to clear clogs and debris from your pipes. It is also an efficient way to clean your plumbing system.
- Safe and non-invasive. Hydro jetting is a safe way to clear clogs and debris from your pipes. It does not cause any damage to your plumbing system.
- Affordable. Hydro jetting is a cost-effective way to clear clogs and debris from your pipes. It is less expensive than other methods, like snaking or chemical drain cleaners.
- Eco-friendly. Hydro jetting is a green cleaning solution. It uses less water than traditional methods, and it does not produce any hazardous waste. It also doesn’t require any chemical cleaners.
What does hydrojetting cost in 2022?
Every hydrojet plumber charges differently, but it typically starts at around $325.
For a more detailed breakdown of what hydrojetting costs in 2022, read this blog post we wrote earlier this year.
Why do people call Western Rooter & Plumbing for hydro jet plumbing?
We’ve been in business for more than 35 years, and in that time we have taken pride in serving the San Gabriel Valley and Los Angeles County community by offering a wide variety of plumbing services, including hydrojetting.
We are a family-owned and operated business, and we are committed to providing our customers with quality plumbing services at an affordable price. We also offer a wide range of financing options to help make hydro jetting more accessible for everyone.