Happy Holidays! Western Rooter & Plumbing is wishing you all a very merry Christmas and happy new year! We had a wonderful year with lots of great new projects. We wish you and your family a safe and healthy holiday season.
Below is just some helpful tips for cleaning out a grease trap.
Grease traps must be cleaned frequently, otherwise they can become a health hazard. Fortunately, cleaning any trap is as easy as following a few simple tips.
1. First, remove the lid from the grease trap. Since trap lids can be quite heavy, use a metal bar or other tool to make the job easier.
2. Next, inspect your trap. Take care to remember all important parts, and where they fit together. This way, you can easily put your trap together when the cleaning job is finished.
3. Since standing water in a trap makes cleaning difficult, your next job is to remove all water from the trap. Professionals typically use a small bucket or other container.
4. Next, measure the amount of debris and grease in the trap with a ruler, or marked stick. Without this knowledge, it can be difficult to judge the scope of the cleanup job.
5. Remove all loose grease.
6. After thoroughly scraping down the trap and lid, carefully remove all remaining grease and debris.
7. Next, scrub down your trap with warm, soapy water.
8. Finally, put your trap back together and replace the lid.
If you have any questions or additional concerns, contact the Pasadena Emergency Plumbing Company for further assistance.